Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My Life Vision Statement

I'm a pilgrim journeying the ancient path (Jer. 6:16) in an honest search for real life. This path is the path which all mankind has sought; eternity with God is its reward and this path's existence is written on the hearts of all people (Eccl. 3:11).

This path represents the ultimate reality and abundant, immortal life that all humankind searches for and God revealed this path in a single God-man, Jesus Christ (1 Jn. 1:1ff, Jn. 1).

By the guidance and power of God's Spirit (Is. 30:21), I put my faith in the man Jesus, by turning continually from the path of self-gratification, worldly lust and ultimately self-destruction and turning to the ancient path (Lk. 14:27,33, Jer. 6:16), by believing, repenting, confessing, and embodying the words and works of Jesus (becoming like Jesus; Heb. 11:1-3,12:2) for He embodies all the words and works of God.

I walk this path only by God's grace and mercy freely offered on the basis of Jesus' pioneering work on my behalf and by the power of God's Spirit inside me (Heb. 12:2), for there is no other name given under Heaven by which people can be saved (Acts 4:12).

This ancient path results in unending and abundant, real life right now (Jn. 10:10, Jer. 6:16). God is the source of this kind of life. This life is rest for my soul (Mt. 11:28-30, Heb. 4) and is supreme liberation and simplicity where my relationship with God is my supreme pleasure (Ps. 87:7, Deut. 6:5).

By living in real life, I'm regularly and gradually being redefined embodying Jesus more everyday and become a conduit of real life from God to the rest of the world.

The proclamation and embodiment of Jesus, substantiated with the miraculous and supernatural, results in the fullness of life for all who adopt this ancient way established by God's hand, the establishment of God's kingdom on earth, and the restoration of all creation.

In this, all the universe will enjoy the supreme pleasure of knowing God.

I live only to know God and bring others into the knowledge of God that they might join me on this path and journey.

If the deeds and works of God don't flow from me, don't believe my message.

This reality is my life-blood and occupation.

Jesus is the only source of real life, I choose to live the real life of simplicity and supreme enjoyment of God and to bring this life to the rest of the cosmos.

No comments: