Monday, April 28, 2008

Word on the Street #3

Intercessors, friends, and family, I love you all very much. I've had amazing support from so many of you that I'm quite undeserving of. It's always been hard for me to just receive God's grace without paying back, but I'm learning too. I do pray, however, that I can one day aid many of you as you've aided me, not to pay you back, but just to do what Jesus would do. This week has seen things pretty bright, still hard sometimes (late last week), but lot's of blessings and so much to be thankful for. Provision has abounded for me-I love how God works. Lessons have also abounded. See my blog (manofyahweh.blogspot.com) for some of those and some of my questions. I still struggle with the idea of becoming complacent-something I just hands-down do not want to do. I've had to be pretty patient as I seek to learn what God would have me learn and do what God would have me do. Am I here to zealously evangelize or build deep relationships. Some would say that those two do not need to be mutually exclusive. Am I supposed to stand up on a bench in Phoenix Park when there's a lot of people down there and start preaching the kingdom of God? You can see I've been wrestling and thinking about a lot. Pretty much, I'm open to anything as long as it comes from God and I know it's Him talking and not anybody else. So far, I've sought to just have a humble, teachable spirit and take it easy out here. I'm just living and learning until I know what else to do. Don't get me wrong-I haven't been completely bored out here. I've volunteered at the Lighthouse quite often, I've had some great times of prayer and even ministry, I've heard a few stories from different people about their lives and how they ended up where they are now, I've journaled a lot and I've run into a lot of great Christian programs and fellowships that have been food to my soul (and provided good food for my stomach. I have had a couple of friends come out to visit and encourage me to (Thanks Cris and Joel). Talking with these guys has helped my thoughts to sort out too. Material needs have been provided too. All in all, I'd say it's been a rich experience, even if it's not my preferred way of life. Pray for me as I work on a life vision statement-I have a preliminary one posted, but I need to tweak it some. I also need prayer for receptivity to God and ears to hear that I might gain prophetic vision regarding daily steps and future steps. I truly want wisdom about future decisions, especially that I wouldn't grow complacent in this lifestyle, but would stay hot and on fire, that every step I take would be divinely determined and unto God's plans. Pray for these guys: Art: a friend from the Hope Center who we had to take to the emergency room on Sunday after church and he hasn't been released yet. Pray for his healing and my friendship with him, that I could reach out to him and that God would bring him to faith in Jesus. Pray for my friendships with these people and all of their salvations Mark and Jennifer: healing for Jennifer from asthmaSteve: back healingTomTexasRickMarkDerekAlphonsoClaudeThe various ministries in Lexington: Lighthouse Ministry, Lex. Rescue Mission, etc. for provision, money, the guidance of the Holy SpiritHunter: an atheist friend of mine I'm going to close this out lest it get too long, but see my blog (above) for some of my journal entries and lessons I've been learning. Giving myself to the Gospel,Nathan

No comments: