Monday, April 28, 2008

Word on the Street #4

Brothers, Sisters, family, and friends, I'm currently in my 4th week out on these streets and I'm in a stage of monotony. Life seems to be getting monotonous. Imagine how people who've been out here for a couple years feel. I'd imagine they're pretty numb to it now. Either this will make me stronger or really mess me up. I choose the former. I haven't slept in the Hope Center at all this week; I've been outside every night, and last night I was flat out exhausted. I slept without waking once, even on the hard cement and even after I woke up at 6:00 am (my natural alarm clock), I was still quite exhausted. I laid down again on a church porch that smelled like alcohol for another half-hour (I hope I didn't pick up any alcohol scent along the way). Wow, what a week. I've still been enjoying the week though. I have received encouragement from several people and God's provision too. I did an experiment on Tuesday this week and instead of rushing around everywhere I just sat in the park for most of the day. Over the course of the day I had several good conversations, a kid brought me a container of rice to eat, 2 people bought me coffee, and I bought a meal for several friends. It was interesting to watch all of those dynamics. I have been under spiritual attack too, in about everyway I could be, so prayer has been a hallmark this week. I've had times of incredibly strong faith, and times where I have just felt like giving up. I understand the danger missionaries face with burn-out. Not always having a place to go is a big-part of that. Frankly, I do not have a lot of news. Many of the same prayer requests remain. I always love visitors too. I did update my site and blog the past couple days with some insight God gave me into Matthew 25 and also with several journal entries. Forgive the lack of time I didn't put into this email. I'm writing as I'm very tired. I will look forward to seeing many of you this Sunday. Much love,Nathan

No comments: